The Conference Council on Youth Ministries (CCYM) will provide a core for spiritual growth and development of youth leadership. This body will serve to uplift other youth and set Christian examples in our daily lives. The CCYM will plan conference events that will not only train but also guide youth in their spiritual search. The CCYM will inclusively love, support, and nurture the youth of the North Texas Conference. As a viable body, we will serve as a link between all other levels of the United Methodist Church.
The Core Values of CCYM are:
- Compassion: Actively listen to issues and concerns of youth.
- Advocacy: Affirm and witness to the gifts and graces of youth.
- Partnership: Emphasize youth and adult unity in ministry.
- Outreach: Inspire youth to commit to meaningful service.
- Leadership: Serve as followers of Jesus Christ.
If you would like to apply to be a member of CCYM complete the YouthRepApplication, include a Recent Photo and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 27, 2013.
In general our CCYM meetings are:
Spring Retreat (late April Friday-Sat) usually at C2K -Tyler St. UMC
Fall Meeting (early September Saturday) in Dallas Area
Winter Retreat (early December Friday-Sunday) Bridgeport Camp
Spring Retreat- April 26-27; Fall Meeting- September 14; Winter Retreat- December 6-8